Tuesday, June 03, 2003

So yesterday I got a call from one of my students in the Purchasing Department, Bob. He asked me about what had happened with our class. I tried to explain it to him. He asked if I would come to meet with him this morning. So this morning I scooted over to LG, which I didn't think I'd see again. When I arrived Luz was teaching Mr. Lee (Han-sang), the head of the Department, and there was a new girl at my desk already. I was ushered into a meeting room with two of my students, Arcadia Seo and Bob Yun. Bob and Mr. Seo (pronounced suh as in son). They told me that Mr. Lee was upset about what had happened to me. He wanted to arrange for me to teach a class at the Purchasing department, at least until I found new work. It was nice to actually feel appreciated for once. I agreed to do the class. It won't exactly be a money maker, as I'll have to get myself to the industrial complex and back every day (~a 30 minute drive). It will be worth it, though, to know that I can still go to LG and see Luz (and maybe Jane) and have them know I am still wanted there. Nothing like being motivated by spite...

I also, lo and behold, recieved a call from Jane today. She asked "why have you not come to the Hagweon?" Can you believe the nerve? After telling us a million times that she didn't want to talk to us, and telling us to go to the labour board, she asks why we haven't been to the Hagweon. So I told her we hadn't been because she told us not to. She then told me she wanted us to leave the apartment by Friday because she has new teachers. I told her that she owed us 30 days notice, and that we'd leave the apartment 30 days after she gave it to us. I told her we weren't leaving until she held up her end of our contract. I told her we needed to start new jobs in order to get a new apartment and in order to do that we needed our money, release letters, and documents from her. Can you believe her nerve? God, I'm starting to hate that woman.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home