Tuesday, February 24, 2004

Doctor part II

So, I am back from the doctor. Not quite what I expected (this post should be safe for most readers). After unbandaging myself for the doctor (what a lovely new hobby I have) my wound didn't look nearly as bad as it did yesterday. Instead of a gory growth there was... well... a scabby growth I suppose. While it may not seem so in written form, it was far less gross and more healed. The doctor was impressed. She then began to brag about her bandaging skills. I didn't have the heart to point out that I rebandaged my finger myself when I got home yesterday.

She said it probably wouldn't need stitches now, and that that was a good thing, as if she did stitch it she would have to put a stitch through my hail (yikes!). She decided to rebandage it instead, whilst telling me she is the suture and wound expert at the clinic and how I was her second happy story of the week (I won't tell you the first happy story because I wouldn't want a stranger blogging about the story my doctor told him about me). She didn't seem as concerned as me that, despite the fact that the wound looks a little better, it still appears to be growing over my finger nail, which can't be a good thing.

After wrapping my finger in bandaids and about 20 metres of tape she told me to come back on Monday (I've heard that before!) and she'd have a look at it. Methinks I'll keep a closer eye on it this time. But anyway, I suppose it's a good story. There was no "freezing and trimming." I'm still a little suspicious though...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home