Wednesday, April 14, 2004


(image stolen from my brother)

Ok, let's see. Where to sart... Good news first I guess.

Calgary Flames: That was a hockey game. That's how you play hockey, boys. That's how teams win hockey games and how they win the cup. You don't slack off because you're up a point. You haul ass until the game's over. What a great game. So excited to see Kiprusoff get a playoff shutout. Now let's extend it! Darryl Sutter, you are such a great coach. This team and the city owe a lot to you. Woo!

Now, on to the bad. Montreal: wtf? That is how you don't play a hockey game. Oh look at us, we're winning by a point, let's waste a 2-man advantage! Empty net? Why score when we can ice-the-fucking-puck!? Oh look, a faceoff in our end and it goes to O.T. Oh no, I've been slashed, I better give up the puck, not look where I'm going, bump into my own player and cost my team the fucking game! Argh!

Montreal, go watch the tape from the Flames game. Notice how they worked the Canucks for the whole game, didn't give up when they even had a 3-0 lead, and still managed to get the empty-netter? That's hockey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home