Wednesday, April 28, 2004

Went over to James' house last night to watch hockey and drink beer. What a spectacle!

OK, first, Montreal: What to say... They really were playing amazingly, and I can't believe they didn't score more. They deserved a win, but man, what a f***-up at the end. For those of you who didn't see it, there was bountiful swearing at James', as we are all Habs fans. We still have faith though, they can come back! And maybe they'll be a little more disciplined this time (5 players in the penalty box at once?).

Calgary: Woo hoo! Man, what a team! I have never seen a team work so hard. I don't mean to underplay their skill or talent or anything, but there is so much drive and determination in that team. Why couldn't Ottawa have found something like that? Calgary is going to go far, and I'm not just saying that because I'm a fan. I have many friends who have been converted to Flames fans watching these playoffs. I love players like Yzerman, but this team is just great.

And what a game! That kicked ass. Maybe not as fun as Game 2 with Vancouver, but pretty awesome. Who would have predicted Calgary leading Detroit 2-1? Me, that's who! I can only imagine how crazy Calgary (the city) is right now, I wish I was there. Hopefully I'll get to see some playoff action when I come back this summer. A final note: Sutter is a god (despite what some of you think) and he will get this team a cup.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home