Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Bobcatted!

So, about an hour ago I was sitting downstairs in the den, revelling in the end of the first game of men’s Olympic hockey, when I heard a large thud outside, and then the power went off in the whole house. I heard loud vehicular noises, so I assumed the garbage or recycling truck had damaged something. I went outside and saw that our power meter had been knocked off the side of our house and that all the snow was cleared away. There was a bobcat going sown the street, so obviously he had done it. Originally I thought it must have been a city worker clearing snow. I went inside and called our property manager. While I was doing this Barb decided to go outside and see if the bobcat was still around. She talked to the guy, and apparently he was from Precision Snow Removal, a company our property manager contracts out to do snow removal. The guy admitted to knocking the box off. It was quite clear, however, that he had no intention on reporting the incident, probably hoping that we were not home at the time. He didn’t even get out of the bobcat after it happened.

Anyway, the management company didn’t answer the phone when I called. I called Ottawa Hydro and they said they’d send someone over to take a look at it. If the meter was damaged they could fix it, but if it was ripped right off an electrician would have to fix it.

I called Precision Snow Removal as well, but they didn’t answer (does no one work in this town?). So, a crappy start to the day, but at least we didn’t miss the hockey game. We certainly have good luck with rental properties, don’t we? It’s not a huge deal (well, as long as it’s fixed quickly), but I’m pretty pissed that the guy was obviously just going to do a hit and run. I’ll keep you all posted regarding what happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home