Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Bluesfest: Day 5 - Blue Rodeo and the aftermath

Blue Rodeo was great. Unfortunately I believe I may be a poorer music journalist than a sports journalist, and that's saying something. Seriously, all I seem to be able to come up with is rating these shows on a great, awesome, really good, good... scale. Oh well, you's the suckers that gotta deal with it.

Seriously though, I love Blue Rodeo. I don't think I've ever met anyone who dislikes Blue Rodeo. Whenever I hear them on the radio or hear about them coming to town I feel guilty because I've never bought a Blue Rodeo album or even downloaded Blue Rodeo songs. Why not? I love how universal their music is - it appeals to so many different people and different ages - without being watered down or boring. I once was lucky enough to catch them at a small club [The (new) Den, believe it or not] and it was amazing. Last night was a great show, but they really do need to be experienced in a small club atmosphere. They played at Max Cafe earlier in my university life, but I unfortunately missed it.

Tonight Mobile, Nelly Furtado, and Live are playing the main stage. I'm not excited about any of them, especially the new "promiscuous" Nelly, but some friends are going, so maybe I'll check it out or hit some of the smaller stages.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home