Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Primal urges

So, we were with a group of friends the other night and there was a busker spitting fire outside our patio (not an unusual occurrence in the market). Mike did not understand the allure of it and asked if it had something to do with the guy's "control over the fire." I said that that was probably part of it (and the fact that fire is cool, duh) and I brought up one of Freud's crap-theories (irony intentional) from Civilization and Its Discontents that said an important contributor of the beginnings of civilization was related to man's ability to control his desire to control nature, i.e. men being able to extinguish fire through urination. Mike said that was weird and asked who would ever pee on a fire. I was shocked that Mike has never peed on a fire. What guy has not peed on a fire?

Joanna seems to think it quite normal that guys would not pee on a fire. She listed people who she thought would not. I disagreed. Thus far I am right. I have not found a single guy, save for Mikey, who has not peed on a fire. Freudian or not, I mean it's part of being a guy, like writing your name in the snow. So, loyal readers, I want to know if any of you males have not peed on a fire, and if not - why? Heck, I know at least one girl who has done it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home