Friday, July 07, 2006

Yee-haw?

Today is the first day of Stampede. I wish I was in Calgary, but I can't complain too much, as I was there last year. At least two of my friends here, including Rob South, are going back though.

There is good news though! Today is the first day of Bluesfest in Ottawa. Don't let the name fool you, Bluesfest is basically a popular music festival with some blues thrown in. Barb and Jo and I all bought full festival passes, so it's nine days of music for us. You can see the full schedule here (warning, PDF). Tonight presents some tough choices. I'm going to go see Corb Lund at 7:30. He's a great semi-alternative-country singer from Calgary. If you haven't heard him, he really is awesome, none of that modern country garbage. I'd love to see Seu Jorge (the Brazilian Bowie-covering guy from Life Aquatic), but it conflicts. Broken Social Scene is on at 9:00. A lot of my friends are into them, so I'll probably go. Great Big Sea is also playing then, and they're more 'fun' so I might do that also. I'll try and blog about the shows, so I hope your ready for Toby's music blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home