Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Super important update

Like Duncan I am a bad blogger. I've had tonnes of stuff to blog about, but I've been really busy. Actual busy, not the manufactured busy I (and most people) have most of the time. There is one very important thing I haven't posted on yet (although I've told most of you already).

On September 15 I got a puppy!!! As you all know I've been wanting a dog for-ever. We had been regularly checking the websites for the Humane Society and a local rescue foundation, BARK (The Bytown Association for Rescued Kanines). I hoped to help out a dog who needed a home. I was mostly looking at adult dogs, which most rescue dogs are.

Then one day Barb showed me two German Shepard / Black Lab cross puppies on the BARK website, Echo and Billie Jean. We played phone tag for a while with Nadine from BARK and eventually made an appointment to go see Echo - Billie Jean had already been adopted. We fell in love with her right away. She was so friendly, yet pretty calm and gentle for a puppy. We went and adopted her the next day. We took her on the Terry Fox Run with us a couple days later and she walked the whole thing.

We've been having a great time with Echo over the past month. She's growing so fast, and keeping us on our toes. We're getting so much more exercise now. Anyway, if you want to see more photos of her, go here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home