Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Echolection

We went to the Conroy Pit - a dog park in Ottawa - yesterday, and we ran into Echo's sister Allie. I don't know if dogs can recognize each other or not, but they definitely enjoyed playing together.



As you may have noticed, the Lobby Conference is finally over - huzzah. That means I can go back to such luxuries as sleep, nutrients, a semi-functioning liver, at spending more than four hours a day at home. Seriously, though, the conference went really well, but I'm glad it's over. I spent the weekend doing pretty much nothing, except trying to get my dog to remember me.

Today, in addition to day-in-lieu-of-Remembrance-Day, was municipal election day in Ontario, the first of the four year (!) terms for municipal councils. Here in Ottawa the incumbent was destroyed by Larry O'Brien, who also defeated the candidate I was supporting, Alex Munter. It's pretty disappointing that Alex lost, as he's a great guy and a great candidate. It remains to be seen what O'Brien will do, but many people are worried he'll cut important programs. In a race where the mayor had his ass kicked, every single incumbent counselor kept their seat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home