Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Interlude from the Alberta Nation

Even those of you outside Alberta have probably heard by now that Ted Morton came a close second in the first ballot for the Alberta PC leadership race. As much as I would love to see the country governed by my alma mater, this is quite concerning. Ted Morton is conservative in all the ways that those who stereotype Albertans think. His only defining moment of the legislative session was being anti-gay-marriage. He wants to take on the bogey man that is Ottawa (isn't Ottawa now Morton's buddy Steve?).

Any Albertan that wants to keep some progressive in their conservatism, and wants to improve the image of Alberta outside its borders, should do whatever they can to stop Morton. And it's actually pretty easy. Go out and buy the $5 membership, even if you don't fancy yourself a Conservative, and vote.

I don't know Ed Stelmach very well, but I trust Duncan's judgement on this, so go vote Ed first and Jim second. Alberta will be better for it.

3 Comments:

At 11:30 PM, Blogger traxis said...

Indeed! No matter how fancy I feel, I am not a Conservative (nor a "conservative" for that matter) - I've been so frightened of a Bill 208 led government that will fight with Ottawa and make special deals with them at will. Not cool.

 
At 4:36 PM, Blogger Robbie said...

And if I have to hear 'Bambi Morton' as often as I hear 'Colleen Klein', I may have to shoot myself.

 
At 10:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

are you going to blog from the convention like Kinsella? I think you should. I want drunk Tob...er your professional opinion on how things are going...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home