Saturday, December 16, 2006

Honest Ed. White, rural, Ed

Ed Stelmach has names his first cabinet.

New cabinet team will focus on listening to Albertans and meeting their priorities, says Premier Stelmach

I await Duncan's brief, but I think it's good that he reduced the cabinet size. I'm certainly no expert in Alberta politics but here are some other thoughts:
  • Rural white men!
  • I assume Duncan is happy. Hancock in Health (and House Leader) must be a good thing
  • Only two women? Really?
  • Lyle Oberg: Minister of Finance. Oy.
  • Ted Morton: Minister of Sustainable Resource Development?

Keith Brownsey has this to say:
"Cabinets are there to represent and this cabinet does little in that regard... I think Mr. Stelmach hasn't read the basic textbooks on how to put a cabinet together."

Ouch

1 Comments:

At 3:19 PM, Blogger Duncan said...

Await at least until I return, as I remain on vacation.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home